| First Day of school |
Work for Dad and Mom have been busy, too. Within six weeks time, Daddy had to give 5+ presentations for work, including one in front of the CEO of his company. He also was asked to polish off a technical article for a magazine that will be published in October. For me (Mommy), I'm trying to adjust to the new world of "school mom" and consider where I can volunteer, while I continue to teach one class two mornings a week. This course is new (an advanced reading class), so I've been challenged not only to think more deeply about reading skills myself, but also to put in enough time to lesson planning that makes sense for students. In addition, I'm taking on a new leadership role at my church, which will involve more meetings as the congregation begins the process to search for a new associate pastor.
![]() |
| Yes, I had an icy pop! |
Where is my mind? It's on Iris' care, teaching, and nurturing while not rushing her to grow up. It's on clearing more "stuff" out of the house and garage because Iris will need different "stuff". I think of my parents, especially as my dad (A-gong) is needing more care for his symptoms from Parkinson's. I think of my nieces and nephews, most of whom do not know Jesus as their Savior. I also think of what activities do I need to give up because I really can't do it all. I don't want to be a "supermom" or a "tiger-mom". I want to be faithful to the woman that God intends for me to be. Help me, Lord!
Here's a recent prayer that I discovered for praying boldly for children:
* I pray they grow up to be some of the most godly people in their sphere of influence.* I pray that they would be caught when they make wrong choices.
* I pray that God would save them from the wrong friends and save them for the right friends. And that goes for their future spouses as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment