Hello!
Bonjour!
C'est moi, Iris!
Je suis avec mes amis-
Serena et Katilyn.
Nous sommes dans la grande section Kinder-C"
J'aime la classe de Mdme. Zeina. Regarde la masterpiece!
The first day of school started August 15th and went well enough. Uniforms were the norm this year. Iris liked this jumper. As a welcoming of all families, there was a picnic in the park called "École en Blanc" that first weekend when everyone was asked to wear as much white as possible. It was a very hot day, but a lovely time to meet new and familiar school families. Daddy missed the
| Iris's friends, Marta and Valentin, are now at my school. |
Also, new this year is the luxury and privilege to buy freshly cooked hot lunches. I (Mom) have been volunteering during lunch periods, and have found it to be hard work. This is because our school is trying a new way of serving the students, encouraging them to engage in conversation and to eat delicious gourmet-type dishes, e.g. pesto orzo with chicken, fudge zucchini bread. The daily price is higher than other schools in the district, but this is a revolution of sorts to bring "real food" back into the school lunch rooms. I think it can only be positive, but it takes a lot of parent volunteer hours and dollars. But then again, it's all worth it to keep our children healthy. Just look at Iris's smiling face! (A bit fakey, but still a smile for the camera).
| See the grasshopper! |
A few weeks later, there was a grasshopper on the hood of my car. It hung on as I drove home, but jumped off as I neared the house. Iris wanted to catch it sooooo bad! Is there any spiritual or biblical significance to grasshoppers? I'll keep searching.
No comments:
Post a Comment