Friday, December 26, 2014

It's a small world after all...

 
Our first ride-Radiator Springs roller coaster.

As Iris turned 7 years old, we took to her to Disneyland as promised.  I was excited to see California Adventure.  Both Disneyland and California Adventure park were fun, colorful and crowded. Iris surprised us by truly enjoying the roller coasters and not crying or getting too scared.  Her favorite turned out to be Big Thunder Mountain. 


 There were so many highlights:  World of Color (water show with all "Frozen" songs), Disneyland parade, the nostalgic rides like "It's a Small World" and "Pirates of the Caribbean", and new rides like "Space Mountain" and "Tower of Terror".
 
We stayed in a hotel nearby, so we just walked up to the gates early each  morning.

Swinging ferris wheel-new concept for us!
I got a few rides in with Brian at my side.  It was tricky splitting our turns of choosing and riding with two girls-a teenager and a 1st grader.   Iris loved being there more than anyone!  She was a trooper (for the most part) waiting in long lines.  She even talked to other girls her age waiting in line.  She seemed fearless!

Cool 3-D glasses for the Toy Story ride.
We tried to take advantage of the "fast pass" tickets, but the Matterhorn ride had a long wait by mid-afternoon.  By evening on the second day, our feet were tired and sore.  I realized that I most drained from navigating through the crowds and not getting very far or moving very fast.

Our meals were extreme-one dinner at Denny's with the worst service ever(!) to a free pizza lunch due to the waiter taking too long to take our order in Downtown Disney.  We left a good tip for him!


The only indoor show we saw was "Aladdin".  It was colorful and exactly like the movie's storyline.  The genie actor was funny and played the role with originality.  I loved it when the carpet was flying in the large theater.  The singing and dancing were okay, too.


The castle by day...
 Was it a successful trip?  I'd say yes because we were all together (including Chloe most of the time), we rode on all the major roller coasters, we had warm weather both days, and the girls got their "Minnie Mouse" ears.
No fireworks show at night due to high winds, but isn't this lovely?!


Of course, there had to be a photo with Princess Elsa somehow!
 Iris (and I) waited 45 minutes to meet Tinker Bell, and she told Tink that she didn't believe that she was a "real" fairy.  I really wondered why this was such a draw for her.  
Our last ride of the trip was a lu-lu!
Au revoir, Disneyland!
IRIS:  When can we come back, Mom and Dad?

No comments: