Monday, November 21, 2016

Birthday #9

First birthday




I'm 9!

After 8 years of birthday parties, this November 19th was probably the last of the group parties.  Iris turns 9 years old this week!  She loves gymnastics, so the party was at a gymnastics place with exactly 9 girls.  It was a fun afternoon on drippy November day.


Iris was able to help choose, help bake and decorate a "puppy" cake, including preparing the marzipan for the dog collar, tongue and eyes.  She prepared the goodie bags, thanks to Mom's ordering with Amazon Prime.



Jordan and Iris rock climbing
As Iris opened presents, she said, "Wow, how did you know I love crafts?" because she got (among other things):  pet plush toy kit, pottery refill, puff pens, painting fairy kit, weaving, and a sewing craft machine!


Lucia is a desk mate in Iris's class.

I

Mom (Cindy) was grateful for sister Ruth (Aunt Ruth), Dad, Adriana and Nicole's help serving food at the party, too.  Above all, I thank God for letting me be a parent, teacher, and witness to His creating a beloved child Iris.  Happy birthday, daughter of the KING!




No comments: