Before this month passes by too quickly, I wanted to post a few firsts:
-First week of staying dry in pull-ups/panties (except for when she's sleeping)
-First "poop" outside on the ground on Monday; How embarrassing! At least Iris didn't poop in her new panties.
-First morning waking up and going to the bathroom first thing on her own
-First "why?" asked to Daddy. I don't think she really wanted to know the answer, but I've been noticing that I ask her "Why?" in Chinese often in order to get her to say more.
-First time pedaling on her smaller tricycle.
-First umbrella that is red and white and just her size. It's adorable!
-Saw first live puppet show. The local library has great children's programs.
Daily we (the parents) still question whether we are using the right form and amount of discipline with love to teach Iris some boundaries. Tantrums are to be avoided, but by how far of limits that we set? Days blend together as we try to give Iris new opportunities and a variety of activities. Daddy works hard and long to make a living. I continue to seek joy in my role as mother, even when Iris is screaming. It is only by God's grace that I am sustained each day despite chores and school work piling up. I am thankful for all these experiences because they continue to teach me the humbleness with which I must come before God. What a crazy child I am! Like Iris, I need to listen more and better, say, "no" less often to Him, not ask solely for what I want, be distracted by new things that don't edify my soul or resolve to follow Jesus, and be more respectful as I worship and pray to the Creator God. Help me, Lord!
No comments:
Post a Comment