Happy New Year! 2011 has arrived, but there are wonderful things about Iris and parenting that I remember from the past year. I think about Mary, mother of Jesus, when she "treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart"(Luke 2:19). My thoughts are far from that profound, but I'd like to record some of them nonetheless. In the 21st century, the culture seems to encourage communication to the point that there are few secrets. So, here goes.
~Iris is expressive with her gasps of surprise and "wow".
~She loves the close her eyes before Daddy presents her with a surprise "treat" after dinner.
~She tries so hard to tell stories from books or videos that she watches, especially Cinderella,that it sounds like jabbering
~She likes to spin around. Dance classes are in her future!
~She likes to wear headbands such that her hair is poufing out.
~She says, "Wo ai Ni" to us, family members, and sometimes others who don't know Chinese.
~After she picked out new panties, she went around telling others the whole day, "I got princess panties."
~Some favorite phrases include, "What's this?" "Where is it?" and "I don't know" as if each were one word.
There are probably more, but that's all for now. I pray that God continues to transform us and reconcile us to himself. Glory to God in the highest!
No comments:
Post a Comment