1. No rain. No snow. Boo hoo! That means Iris probably won't have a chance to wear her rain boots, ski pants and gloves this season.
2. Iris shared her bow and arrow at school, and her teacher and classmates really loved it! The concentration, coordination and focus required for that is great for her age's development. Who'd have thought? (Note: We bought it on sale at Big 5!)
3. We're planning our family vacations for the year-Hawaii, Arizona (for a wedding!), and Disneyland. It will be a fun and expensive year!4. I'm not teaching an ESL section this semester by choice. Instead, I've started training to be a Children's leader for Bible Study Fellowship. This could be harder and more time-consuming that I thought. I wonder where God's leading me now.
5. Brian's been busy building things, including a high bed for Iris-bed on top, area for desk on the bottom. It took less than one week- a record! As for work, he's already went and returned from TX. This is one of three trips that he anticipates this winter-spring. It's grueling to travel and work about 20/7.
6. I'm preparing for my week in Guatemala away from hubby and daughter in February. Boy, am I clueless about what I'm getting into. Fundraising is going well, and the team members are fun people.
7. I'm starting a study about Kingdom outreach that will push me out of my comfort zone. Another area of prayer. I'm partnering with another mom, Sarah, that I think will be life-changing for both of us.
My prayer for 2014: Lord, keep me joyful in Spirit, fervent in prayer, and peaceful in trusting your Power.
No comments:
Post a Comment