I think this is a great attitude for this time of Advent, especially as God reveals himself through His Word, promise and Son, Jesus. It's an excitement of how we'll see God in the everyday, ordinary ups and downs of life. Our family looks forward not only to hosting Christmas dinner with my family, but also to a break from the grind that we call work (and school, sort of).
Last month, my dad and one niece (Grace) had major surgery. My dad was in rehab after that for two weeks, and is now home. My niece will need follow-up radiation therapy. A dear church friend had emergency surgery the Wed. before Thanksgiving, and has been diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer. This is a short list of the reminders of how much we are to be thankful, how merciful God is, and that we need Him, body and soul. Believe me; I prayed and asked many people to pray for these concerns. As I'm in a prayer ministry through my church, I see the greatest need in my life is to trust in Him and rejoice at all times. That is hard, but Jesus is the Way, and that is comforting.
It is a week before Christmas Day and there are full days of projects, visiting, kungfu and gymnastics classes, serving the homeless for a Christmas craft, and singing Christmas carols. Preparing presents and the Christmas Day menu is an added whirl of activity that has yet to happen. As I tell Iris of these happenings, she perks up, while I think, "Wow, I could get tired. Am I nuts?" Yet, I value the time that I have to read and meditate on the Word from God, as well as, give myself permission to pause and relax with the Holy One-Jesus. I would like to do this more and continue in that habit, especially as an example for Iris.
| Queen for a minute |
One carol sung about the Child in a manger was"born to set His people free."
One my favorite hymns, Amazing Grace, also states the words, "Twas grace that brought my heart to fear, and grace my fears relieved. ...and grace will lead me home."
![]() |
| What fun! |
These are thoughts in my prayers this week.

No comments:
Post a Comment