Monday, September 7, 2015

Seven years ago...

I have been neglecting this blog because of Facebook.  So bad!!

Well, let me write here that we are celebrating the 7th Gotcha Day anniversary of meeting our dear Iris.  She is steadily growing into a smart, sensitive, imaginative, and independent thinking young girl.  We love her dearly, even when she says, "I wish I had a different mother" (which happened recently because she thinks I'm too strict).

THEN:  In searching the internet, I found this YouTube of a solar eclipse taken in Gansu just before we flew to China.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=38&v=9_Y6Cmnmcnw

NOW:  I did a quick search through Facebook about Gansu Province and found some news that took place recently.
(Nature)- http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2015-09/07/content_21806640.htm 
Rock plug demolished on Yellow River
(Manmade) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xJvM8UXlc


About Iris, here's a quick comparison:

THEN (with Ho Gao):

NOW(with Sushi): 

Our lives are full and continually challenging us to be a family.  But God is with us!

No comments: