Friday, September 19, 2008

Venturing in the heat of Guangzhou

So, we had a fun-filled evening of food and karaoke last night with all the families. The environment and rooms were very "Austin Power-like"; think 1970's! Once the English pop classics started playing, we noticed who the singers and dancers were. Another mom (Suzanne) and I really got into the ABBA song, "Dancing Queen." I think Iris enjoyed it, too.

Today was our first completely free day. We went to the nearby Park n' Shop that has practically anything you want, including different rice bins to buy by bulk, a half crocodile (Brian tried to videotape today, but he wasn't allowed) and dim sum to-go! In the afternoon, we went on our first ride on the Guangzhou metro to a pedestrian street called Beijing Lu. There are many stores and many knock-offs of name brands to buy. Of course, we didn't buy anything.
It's 9:30pm and Iris is soundly sleeping, thank heavens! Tonight was the easiest and fastest time we've had so far in putting her to sleep. Parenting is a process, eh? Well, in coming to the business center to use the internet, I set off the alarm. Oops! The center is supposed to be open until 10pm. I'll sign off for now. Tomorrow, we plan to go to Sha Mian island and I hope to get a foot massage that is supposed to be cheap and fabulous. What more can you ask for?

No comments: